Wednesday, March 28, 2007
"I think canoeing gives all of us a second chance. to finally realise those unfulfilled dreams. It could be looking for friendship (people who will stick with you no matter what), or winning a medal (perhaps tired of losing and being laughed at and looked down?) , or challenging yourself to go beyond your limits (personal satisfaction) dare i say this is a sport for people with dreams."
- muddy
3 more days to NJCC and frankly, I AM nervous. I've gone for countless swimming competitions for my past 8 years in competitve swimming, however, competing in NJCC is entirely different. Partly because this is the first time I'm competing in a canoe competition, but it'll feel somewhat foreign. Not being on the plunging board, but instead concentrating on keeping RJC20 properly aligned at the starting line and waiting for the horn. To concentrate on my starting burst and to stabilize the boat and make sure that it goes in the right direction. The wind and the waves are both unpredictable elements of Mother Nature that we can't control, so I'm just praying hard for optimal conditions on competition day.
Anyway, I've PROMISED myself that I will be consistent in all my school work so as not to allow my mum to worry about how I'm coping with academics and canoeing. I'm not going to fail anymore tests. MUG MUG MUG! :/ I've set my targets for this year and I'm going to achieve it. GO ME! (:
<3
11:18 pm